วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

บทที่ 12- SOME and ANY

( 12) SOME and ANY 
 1.      We use “some” in a positive statement and “any” in anegative statement or a question.  
 2.      We use both “some” and “any” with countable or uncountablenouns. 
3.      We use “some” in a question if it is an invitation or arequest
4.      We join “some” and “any” with “one”, “body” or “thing” to form positive sentences and negative sentences respectively.  
Examples: 
1.      I have a sister. / I don’t have a sister. / Do you have any sister? 
2.      He bought some oranges. / He spent some time looking for his lost wallet. / There aren’t any eggs on sale here. / There isn’tany tea in the kettle. 
3.      Would you like to drink some milk? Can you do something for me? 
4.      Someone has taken my book. / Anyone could have taken it./ There’s somebody waiting to see you. / Has anybody seen the film? / I want something to eat. / Would you like anything else to eat?