วันศุกร์ที่ 13 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

การร้องขอ making requests



When you ask someone to do something for you, or ask if you can do something, it's important to sound polite. Here are some of the common ways that you can do this.

Asking someone to do something for you

"Could you open the door for me, please?"
"Would you mind opening the door for me, please?"
"Can you open the door for me, please?'
Speaking tip: could and can are followed by the verb without to. Would you mind is followed by the verb and -ing.

Asking if you can do something

"Can I use your computer, please?"
"Could I borrow some money from you, please?"
"Do you mind if I turn up the heating?"
"Would you mind if I turned up the heating?"
Speaking tipCould is more polite that can.
Do you mind if…" is followed by the verb in the present tense, but would you mind if… is followed by the verb in the past tense.
When you're using these two sentences, don't use please. It's already polite enough!