Exercise 6- Articles
( 6.1) EXERCISE - THE ARTICLES
Fill each blank with ‘a', ‘an', ‘the' or leave it blank.
· 1. He left _____ home without informing anyone.
He left the home without informing anyone.
· 2. There is _____ box of sweets on _____ table.
There is a box of sweets on the table.
· 3. Do you need _____ degree in Economics or _____ degree in finance to be a better manager?
Do you need a degree in Economics or a degree in finance to be a better manager?
· 4. When we arrived, she went straight to _____ kitchen and started to prepare _____ meal for us.
When we arrived, she went straight to the kitchen and started to prepare a meal for us.
· 5. He has _____ cut on his leg and _____ bruise on _____ chin.
He has a cut on his leg and a bruise on the chin.
· 6. _____ Mt. Everest is _____ highest mountain in _____ world.
Mt. Everest is the highest mountain in the world.
· 7. Switch off _____ air-conditioner please. I have _____ cold.
Switch off the air-conditioner please. I have a cold.
· 8. We reached _____ top of _____ hill during _____ afternoon.
We reached the top of a hill during the afternoon.
· 9. Do you like _____ weather here? Isn't it too hot during _____ day but it is very cold at _____ night?
Do you like the weather here? Isn't it too hot during the day but it is very cold at night?
· 10. _____ attempt has been made to collect _____ funds to start _____ public library in _____ town where I live.
An attempt has been made to collect funds to start a public library in the town where I live.