วันศุกร์ที่ 13 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

การเชื้อเชิญ invitation



How to make and accept invitations in English.
"What are you doing next Saturday? We're having some people over for a meal. Would you like to come?"

"Are you free next Thursday?"
"Are you doing anything next weekend?"
"Would you be interested in coming to the cinema with me tonight?"
"How do you fancy going out for a meal at the weekend?"

Accepting

"Would you like to…"
"I'd love to, thanks."
"That's very kind of you, thanks."
"That sounds lovely, thanks."
Do you fancy coming to the cinema tonight?
"What a great idea, thanks."

Declining

"Would you like to come over for dinner on Saturday?"
"That's very kind of you, but actually I'm doing something else on Saturday."
"Well, I'd love to, but I'm already going out to the cinema."
"I'm really sorry, but I've got something else on."
"I really don't think I can – I'm supposed to be doing something else."

Speaking Tip

It's important to be polite when you decline an invitation. We normally give a reason why we can't do something and either apologise, or use words like "actually" or "really".