วันศุกร์ที่ 13 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

พูดให้ความหวัง Hope



There are a number of expressions you can use to show your hopes and preferences.

Hopes

I'm hoping for (noun) ("I'm hoping for a new cell phone.")
I'm hoping to get… ("I'm hoping to get a new phone.")
I would like…
I really want… (Using "want" can be impolite unless you are talking to a close friend or family member.)
Something I've always wanted is…
I'd be delighted / over the moon if… ("I'd be delighted if you gave me a new watch.")
What I'd like more than anything else is…
On my Christmas wish list is…

Preferences

I'd rather have (noun) ("I'd rather have tickets to the opera.")
I'd rather you (simple past) ("I'd rather you saved your money.")
I'd prefer (noun) ("I'd prefer some money for the new house.")
I'd prefer it if you (simple past) ("I'd prefer it if you gave some money to charity.")
….. would be more suitable / would be better
If I had a choice, I would go for…
If it's all the same to you, …. ("If it's all the same to you, I'd like some book tokens.")