วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

แบบฝึกหัดที่ 13- USED TO



( 13.1) EXERCISE – “USED TO”
Use “used to” plus a suitable verb to complete these sentences.
1.  He _____ online to find the information he wanted.  
He used to go online to find the information he wanted. 
·         2.  My sister _____ to school by bus but now she cycles.
My sister used to go to school by bus but now she cycles.
·         3.  I _____ thinner than my brother but now I am not. 
used to be thinner than my brother but now I am not. 
·         4.  My father _____ many cigarettes a day. He gave up smoking last year.
My father used to smoke many cigarettes a day. He gave up smoking last year. 
·         5.  She _____ night after night for her degree in Economics. 
She used to study night after night for her degree in Economics. 
·         6.  They _____ football when they were younger.
They used to play football when they were younger. 
·         7.  I _____ the world was flat but now I realize it’s not true.
used to think/believe the world was flat but now I realize it's not true. 
·         8.  That building is now a cinema. It _____ a hotel.
That building is now a cinema. It used to be a hotel. 
·         9.  When you lived near that shopping centre, _____ you _____ there very often?
When you lived near that shopping centre, did youuse to go there very often? 
·         10. _____ a lot of sweets when you were a child? 
Did you use to eat a lot of sweets when you were a child?