วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

บทที่ 13- USED TO

( 13) USED TO
 
    1.        “USED TO” AS A VERB
We can use the expression “used to” when we wish to refer to a past habit which has now stopped.
Example: I used to go to that shop but now I don’t go there anymore.
    The usual question form and possible answers with “used to” are:
    question: “Did you use to see them very often?”
    answers: “Yes, I used to.” / “No, I didn’t use to.” / “No, I never used to.”
Remember that “use” and not “used” is used after “did” and “didn’t”.
    2.        “USED TO” AS AN ADJECTIVE
We can show that somebody is accustomed to something by using “used to” as an adjective. It is often followed by a gerund but it can be followed by a noun or possessive.
Example: I am used to living in a warm climate. (followed by a gerund)
                    They are used to this weather. (followed by a noun)
                    He seems used to your brother’s jokes. (followed by possessive adjective)