วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

แบบฝึกหัดที่ 9- Conjunctions

 
Exercise 9- Conjunctions



( 9.1)  EXERCISE - CONJUNCTIONSFill in the blanks with these words: although, and, because, but, or, since, so, unless, until, when.
§  1 Things were different _____ I was young.
Things were different when I was young.
§  2 I do it _____ I like it.
I do it because I like it.
§  3 Let us wait here _____ the rain stops.
Let us wait here until the rain stops.
§  4 You cannot be a lawyer  _____ you have a law degree.
You cannot be a lawyer unless you have a law degree.
§  5 That was years _____ years ago.
That was years and years ago.
§  6 She has not called _____ she left last week.
She has not called since she left last week.
§  7 I saw him leaving an hour _____ two ago.
I saw him leaving an hour or two ago.
§  8 This is an expensive _____ very useful book.
This is an expensive but very useful book.
§  9 We were getting tired _____ we stopped for a rest.
We were getting tired so we stopped for a rest.
§  10 He was angry _____ he heard when happened.
He was angry when he heard when happened.
§  11 Walk quickly _____ you will be late.
Walk quickly or you will be late.
§  12 He had to retire _____ of ill health.
He had to retire because of ill health.
§  13 We will go swimming next Sunday _____ it's raining.
We will go swimming next Sunday unless it's raining.
§  14 I heard a noise _____ I turned the light on.
I heard a noise so I turned the light on.
§  15 Would you like a coffee _____ tea?
Would you like a coffee or tea?
§  16 Do you know _____ she will arrive?
Do you know when she will arrive?
§  17 _____ the car is old it still runs well.
Although the car is old it still runs well.
§  18 Do you want a pen _____ a bit of paper?
Do you want a pen and a bit of paper?
§  19 I would like to go _____ I am too busy.
I would like to go but I am too busy.
§  20 She will die _____ the doctors operate immediately.
She will die unless the doctors operate immediately.